CougarInsider
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CougarInsider

A place for the Cougars and their adoring fans to consolidate their time wasting on the internet

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Did I Miss Something?

Go down 
+7
Samwise
Tippindeg
Village Elder
clingfilm
Rorschach
circa1015
Troker
11 posters

9/11 was an Inside job
Yes
Did I Miss Something? Vote_lcap18%Did I Miss Something? Vote_rcap
 18% [ 2 ]
No
Did I Miss Something? Vote_lcap82%Did I Miss Something? Vote_rcap
 82% [ 9 ]
Possibly
Did I Miss Something? Vote_lcap0%Did I Miss Something? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
Troker
Admin
Admin
Troker

Did I Miss Something? Empty
PostSubject: Did I Miss Something?   Did I Miss Something? Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 4:00 pm

So today one of my coworkers said "9/11 was an inside job" to no one in particular. In the quest for rationality I said plainly "No it wasn't." I immediately got jumped all over by three other coworkers and inevitably called ignorant.

Did I miss some memo? I'll admit that I've taken a 5 year hiatus from most any current events, but I really thought this 9/11 conspiracy stuff had gone by the wayside. The only thing I can think of is people who want to believe it getting on the internet and only searching for sources that support their theory (Tippin brought this up on the PC thread).

Would those of you who are well researched enlighten me. Am I just crazy?

Last edited by Troker on Fri May 01, 2009 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://cougarinsider.forumotion.net
circa1015
Nate Erdmann
Nate Erdmann
circa1015

PostSubject: Re: Did I Miss Something?   Did I Miss Something? Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 4:19 pm

I'm assuming LeShawd was one of the four, who were the other three?
Back to top Go down
Troker
Admin
Admin
Troker

PostSubject: Re: Did I Miss Something?   Did I Miss Something? Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 4:25 pm

Elias was the worst, Mike and Leshawd were only echoing his sentiment. He just kept repeating "The physics are impossible!" I should have said "Maybe, but you're not a scientist, you're a 30 year old server."

It was just one of those situations where you can't get a word in edgewise. It was when I said "Look, we're not gonna convince each other, so let's drop it" Elias said "Well, I'm choosing not to be ignorant.".(<---Is the .". grammatically correct, I always forget.)

That's the most anyone has offended me in a long time.
Back to top Go down
circa1015
Nate Erdmann
Nate Erdmann
circa1015

PostSubject: Re: Did I Miss Something?   Did I Miss Something? Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 4:50 pm

Fuck Elias, nothing about him has made me like him at all, especially him getting me written up for not taking a table that was in his section, and especially the fact that he called me racist, which almost got me fired, and isn't remotely true.

All they do is listen to Alex Jones and watch those Zeitgeist movies, both of which use the despicable tactic of using thin threads of truth to paint a picture that is wildly false. The first time I hung out with LeShawd and Justin they showed me this video on YouTube of some crop circles that are apparently legit. I also had Justin tell me that the reason humans are so much smarter than our closest ancestors (chimps, etc.) is that aliens spliced what I guess would be "smart" genetic code into the chimp's DNA, making us human apparently. I would just ignore them, as they have been thoroughly brainwashed by all this conspiracy theory crap, and much like religious conviction, they believe that their knowledge is the product of enlightenment.

Oh, and if you wanted, for whatever reason, to get in an actual debate about the 9/11 conspiracy specifically:

http://www.skeptic.com/eskeptic/06-09-11.html
Back to top Go down
Rorschach
Nate Erdmann
Nate Erdmann
Rorschach

PostSubject: Re: Did I Miss Something?   Did I Miss Something? Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 5:15 pm

No, there is no evidence whatsoever that 9/11 was an inside job. Of course, people aren't swayed by what there is or isn't evidence for.
Back to top Go down
clingfilm
Tim Heskett
clingfilm

PostSubject: Re: Did I Miss Something?   Did I Miss Something? Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 6:25 pm

9/11 was god trying to boglyft the island of manhattan
Back to top Go down
http://www.boglyft.com
Village Elder
Nate Erdmann
Nate Erdmann
Village Elder

PostSubject: Re: Did I Miss Something?   Did I Miss Something? Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 6:31 pm

The fact that you let Ilias get under your skin is rediculous...That dude is the biggest pathological liar i have ever met.
Back to top Go down
http://smouch.net/lol/
Troker
Admin
Admin
Troker

PostSubject: Re: Did I Miss Something?   Did I Miss Something? Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 6:56 pm

Village Elder wrote:
The fact that you let Ilias get under your skin is rediculous...That dude is the biggest pathological liar i have ever met.
+1

I will admit that I let him piss me off more than he should, but being called ignorant is about the most insulting thing I can think of.
Back to top Go down
Tippindeg
Nate Erdmann
Nate Erdmann
Tippindeg

PostSubject: Re: Did I Miss Something?   Did I Miss Something? Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 7:03 pm

Anyone who believes Alex Jones on anything is an absolute fucking moron, period.

Someone who believes that a cabal of alien lizardfolk are conspiring toward a world government is a lunatic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.somethingawful.com
Samwise
Joe Jon Finley
Samwise

PostSubject: Re: Did I Miss Something?   Did I Miss Something? Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 10:01 pm

As it has already been established in this thread, you aren't the ignorant one in this argument.

"Well, I'm choosing not to be ignorant.".(<---Is the .". grammatically correct, I always forget.)

You just need the period inside the quotes.
Back to top Go down
Troker
Admin
Admin
Troker

PostSubject: Re: Did I Miss Something?   Did I Miss Something? Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 3:20 am

Samwise wrote:
As it has already been established in this thread, you aren't the ignorant one in this argument.

"Well, I'm choosing not to be ignorant.".(<---Is the .". grammatically correct, I always forget.)

You just need the period inside the quotes.

Thanks bra, now I know.
Back to top Go down
Pteage
Kissed Wes
Pteage

PostSubject: Re: Did I Miss Something?   Did I Miss Something? Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 6:59 am

voted, also, i'm pretty sure it's obvious after this poll. if a poll is taken among the cougars and their adoring fans and it comes out 100% on any answer, that is without a doubt the truth.
Back to top Go down
Samwise
Joe Jon Finley
Samwise

PostSubject: Re: Did I Miss Something?   Did I Miss Something? Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 7:04 am

I like that logic.
Back to top Go down
Raiden
Tim Heskett
Raiden

PostSubject: Re: Did I Miss Something?   Did I Miss Something? Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 8:40 am

People don't want to accept the fact that some guys with box cutters and determination could bring down the towers. Instead of facing the facts and admitting that everyday individuals are capable of creating great amounts of evil, it's more comforting to use spooky words like "conspiracy" and "government" to explain things away behind a cloud of shadows. Another reason for the 9/11 hype is the internet, it's never been so easy to popularize shitty ideas. Plus, it gives people another way to tie is things like the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan behind a big government theory because then they get to start talking about war profiteers and new world orders and point out that they've read 1984 not just once but twice. Self-importance always wins over rationality these days.
Back to top Go down
Samus
Nate Erdmann
Nate Erdmann
Samus

PostSubject: Re: Did I Miss Something?   Did I Miss Something? Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 12:46 pm

the hardly boys found out this answer already.
Back to top Go down
Colonel Tobe
Nate Erdmann
Nate Erdmann
Colonel Tobe

PostSubject: Re: Did I Miss Something?   Did I Miss Something? Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 1:38 pm

Its simple.. I was playing a flight simulator.. and it was somehow connected to the flight of all planes. I crashed into some buildings and boom. Sorry. War Games is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did I Miss Something?   Did I Miss Something? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did I Miss Something?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CougarInsider :: Cougar Insider :: General Discussion-
Jump to: