CougarInsider
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CougarInsider

A place for the Cougars and their adoring fans to consolidate their time wasting on the internet

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Star Trek (what the fuck is with the minimum number of characters for thread titles?)

Go down 
+2
Samwise
Tippindeg
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tippindeg
Nate Erdmann
Nate Erdmann
Tippindeg

Star Trek (what the fuck is with the minimum number of characters for thread titles?) Empty
PostSubject: Star Trek (what the fuck is with the minimum number of characters for thread titles?)   Star Trek (what the fuck is with the minimum number of characters for thread titles?) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 6:18 pm

I suppose that this could arguably constitute as an event, but there's also room for discussion here.

Are there any plans for seeing the movie, and if so, what are they? I'm under the impression that it's coming out Thursday evening (at least it is at the Warren in Moore), which is problematic as I have work. I can try and get off, and likely will, but I'm reluctant to because it could hurt my chances to land a job I really need this summer.

Anywho, what's up? The worst review of it I've read so far gave it 3.5/5 stars, which is pretty solid, as far as I'm concerned. Considering the orignial source material had paper-mache spaceships and aliens, aiming low is agiven.

Also:

Back to top Go down
http://www.somethingawful.com
Samwise
Joe Jon Finley
Samwise

Star Trek (what the fuck is with the minimum number of characters for thread titles?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Trek (what the fuck is with the minimum number of characters for thread titles?)   Star Trek (what the fuck is with the minimum number of characters for thread titles?) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 7:08 pm

I probably wouldn't go to warren but I, never having been a Trek fan, am considering seeing this. Trailers look really good.
Back to top Go down
Rorschach
Nate Erdmann
Nate Erdmann
Rorschach

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek (what the fuck is with the minimum number of characters for thread titles?)   Star Trek (what the fuck is with the minimum number of characters for thread titles?) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 8:08 pm

I'm in. There is no part of this that doesn't look awesome.
Back to top Go down
Troker
Admin
Admin
Troker

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek (what the fuck is with the minimum number of characters for thread titles?)   Star Trek (what the fuck is with the minimum number of characters for thread titles?) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 2:54 pm

I'm absolutely down for whatever.
Back to top Go down
https://cougarinsider.forumotion.net
Wyatt
Nate Erdmann
Nate Erdmann
Wyatt

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek (what the fuck is with the minimum number of characters for thread titles?)   Star Trek (what the fuck is with the minimum number of characters for thread titles?) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 4:57 pm

I was thinking of trying and seeing it at midnight and still going to work.
Back to top Go down
https://cougarinsider.forumotion.net/
Tippindeg
Nate Erdmann
Nate Erdmann
Tippindeg

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek (what the fuck is with the minimum number of characters for thread titles?)   Star Trek (what the fuck is with the minimum number of characters for thread titles?) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 5:29 pm

Wyatt wrote:
I was thinking of trying and seeing it at midnight and still going to work.

I think you should
Back to top Go down
Tippindeg
Nate Erdmann
Nate Erdmann
Tippindeg

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek (what the fuck is with the minimum number of characters for thread titles?)   Star Trek (what the fuck is with the minimum number of characters for thread titles?) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 8:43 pm

I'm also down for arranging a Wrath of Khan viewing before the movie, either prior to or on the same day. I'll need to know who's in so I can work my schedule around. If there's not enough interest, then fuck all of you.
Back to top Go down
Rorschach
Nate Erdmann
Nate Erdmann
Rorschach

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek (what the fuck is with the minimum number of characters for thread titles?)   Star Trek (what the fuck is with the minimum number of characters for thread titles?) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 9:33 pm

This comes out on the 8th. The 7th is the day of my finals, which means I'll likely be out for the midnight showing. I'll for sure be going opening weekend some time, so if anyone else can't go at midnight (or wants to go twice) call me and we'll arrange a second trip.
Back to top Go down
Village Elder
Nate Erdmann
Nate Erdmann
Village Elder

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek (what the fuck is with the minimum number of characters for thread titles?)   Star Trek (what the fuck is with the minimum number of characters for thread titles?) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 6:24 pm

Back to top Go down
http://smouch.net/lol/
Samwise
Joe Jon Finley
Samwise

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek (what the fuck is with the minimum number of characters for thread titles?)   Star Trek (what the fuck is with the minimum number of characters for thread titles?) Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 12:04 pm

Right now this is 24/24 fresh on rotten tomatoes.

I can't believe I am kinda pumped for a Star Trek movie.
Back to top Go down
Tippindeg
Nate Erdmann
Nate Erdmann
Tippindeg

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek (what the fuck is with the minimum number of characters for thread titles?)   Star Trek (what the fuck is with the minimum number of characters for thread titles?) Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 4:44 pm

Up to 28/28 as of 3:44!

Are you going to the midnight showing, Mike?
Back to top Go down
Samwise
Joe Jon Finley
Samwise

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek (what the fuck is with the minimum number of characters for thread titles?)   Star Trek (what the fuck is with the minimum number of characters for thread titles?) Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 9:40 pm

Yeah. 1/2 for the movie and 1/2 for the people.
Back to top Go down
Tippindeg
Nate Erdmann
Nate Erdmann
Tippindeg

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek (what the fuck is with the minimum number of characters for thread titles?)   Star Trek (what the fuck is with the minimum number of characters for thread titles?) Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 11:21 am

Up to 39/39 as of 10:18 on Wednesday, holy shit

Star Trek (what the fuck is with the minimum number of characters for thread titles?) Tomatometer

Also, a GIS uncovered this:

Star Trek (what the fuck is with the minimum number of characters for thread titles?) Star-trek-inspirational-poster

BREAKING NEWS: 46/47 as of 1:00. Damn.
Back to top Go down
Samwise
Joe Jon Finley
Samwise

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek (what the fuck is with the minimum number of characters for thread titles?)   Star Trek (what the fuck is with the minimum number of characters for thread titles?) Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 4:53 pm

Anything over 80% on RT means if you like the genre you will like the movie. Critics get way more play out of panning a hyped up movie than they do from saying it is good. Looks like J.J. Abrams has struck again.
Back to top Go down
Rorschach
Nate Erdmann
Nate Erdmann
Rorschach

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek (what the fuck is with the minimum number of characters for thread titles?)   Star Trek (what the fuck is with the minimum number of characters for thread titles?) Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 1:07 am

Back to top Go down
Rorschach
Nate Erdmann
Nate Erdmann
Rorschach

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek (what the fuck is with the minimum number of characters for thread titles?)   Star Trek (what the fuck is with the minimum number of characters for thread titles?) Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 10:31 am

This one's pretty good, too.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek (what the fuck is with the minimum number of characters for thread titles?)   Star Trek (what the fuck is with the minimum number of characters for thread titles?) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Trek (what the fuck is with the minimum number of characters for thread titles?)
Page 1 of 1